Where my coins come from ? Method to identify a coin in french
page, I present to you a logical progression to identify coins if you
do not know the country, the value, the elements represented etc.
Each coin contains a pieces of evidence, identify and classify them in this order to optimize your searches, I recommend too you:
|Order||Action||What we serach
|I||First read all and see all on your coin
||words, coat of arms, mans, annimals etc... they can help you soon
||Lot of coins contains the name of the country, an historical monnument or character...
||a coin have two faces !|
||Identify the alphabet
Latin (this one)
||Write theses inscriptions on a web search engine and you will find quickly
||¤ Other||Compare with other alphabets, you can . cyrillic et grec.|
||Identifiy the country
||Try to replace each letter by its pronunciation, you may read the name of a country. Country in their language
|IIIbis||Identify a currency
||The name of the currency is easy to find under the number of the coin's value.
||Try to replace each letter by its pronunciation, you may read the name of a country or a curency.
||Currency are divided (ex: euro in 100 cents or centimes).
||Identify coat of arms and typical symbols
||Symbols - coat of arms
||Coat of arms - symbols Symbols on the world coins catalogue||This par can be verry long but is genneraly very effecive
Compare and test
||If you are any doubts you can compare your coins with mine on my web site|
||Download "Pièces à conviction II" (in french).
||Now you're the best ?
1. Arab's Alphabet
2. Instant restriction to these countries: Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Morocco, Tunisia, Kuwait, Algeria, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Mauritania, Somalia, Djibouti, Comoros maybe Israel.
3. Israel is impossible because there is no hebrew inscriptions.
4. Search swords and palm tree to compare with other coat of arms
Conclusion : Saoudia Arabia
1. Search by nam :
Forint : currency
Magyar = Hungray (easy to found on a search engine)
2. Confirmation with coat of arms
Conclusion : Hungary
1. Cyrillic alphabet : Belarus, Bulgaria, Serbia, Ukraine, Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia
2. Under 2
P: says R
the Y : OU
the b : B
the : L
3. Rouble :
Monnaie Russerussian currency
4. Confirmation with the double-headed aigle
Conclusion : Russia
Index - Value